Surface and Orbit Authority

Proposals: Mod Updates

I’ve got a few mod changes I’d like to make.

BuildInfo

We removed BuildInfo based on performance warnings in the game’s F11 Shift-F1 screen. However, the F11 Shift-F1 screen is notoriously flaky, and while we were having performance problems at the time, we subsequently tracked down major issues to the voxel deformations caused by meteor strikes.

I found the block details useful, and in particular got a lot of mileage out of the additional cargo bar BlockInfo adds to the HUD when you have a ship tool selected and out of the richer and more consistent terminal details text. I’d like to bring this mod back.

I submit the following proposal:

Title: BuildInfo
Adoption Index: 1.0

Amend article 9.14 (“Quality of Life”) by appending the following row to the table of official mods:

Hangar Gates

|ValHallas reported in Discord that the textures on the Hangar Gates mod have been broken for a while and show the bright-fuchsia error texture instead of the intended painted texture. It doesn’t look like the mod has been updated since 2015, and the comments on Steam don’t look promising.

I don’t use these blocks, so I have no skin in this game, but a broken mod isn’t a great user experience. I submit the following proposal:

Title: Remove Hangar Gates

Amend article 9.18 (“Technological Upgrade”) by removing the paragraph

The mod “Hangar Gates”, with a modID of 438226588, is an official mod.

Instruct the Space Master to remove the mod “Hangar Gates,” with a modID of 438226588, from the official server.

NPCs

I’d like to try reverting to stock encounters for a while. Personally, I’m frustrated that I can’t use antennas or beacons in my designs, for fear of having an NPC come along and ruin them while I’m offline, and I’m concerned the NPC mods may interfere with the upcoming economy update.

Title: Stock NPCs

Repeal article 9.16 (“Encounters”).

Amend article 9.10 (“Challenges & Limitations”) by appending the following rows to the table:

CargoShipsEnabled true
EnableEncounters true
EnableDrones true

Instruct the Space Master to remove the following mods from the official server:

1. More NPC Encounters V3.0 More Npc’s Space CargoShips and NPC Ground Vehicles and Base’s, with a mod ID of 1521951493;
  2. NPC Programming Extender, with a mod ID of 1400364273; and
  3. Modular Encounters Spawner, with a mod ID of 1521905890.

Instruct the Space Master to delete all lingering NPC encounters.

Railguns

I’m a big fan of the Large Ship Railguns mod. Weapons with such extreme range do have some potential for griefing, which I’m sensitive to, but it’s surprisingly satisfying to snap the reactor out of an incoming NPC from a few kilometres away. I’d like to chance it; we haven’t had trouble with actual griefers yet and we can always rebalance weapons if we need to down the line.

Title: Large Ship Railguns

Amend article 9.17 (“Operation Protection”) by replacing its text with

The following mods are official mods:

As Chair, I distribute the above proposals and initiate the decision into whether to adopt each proposal. For each proposal listed, the voting method is adoption majority, and the quorum is 2.

Blanket ballot example
I vote FOR/AGAINST/PRESENT on the following proposals:

* BuildInfo
* Remove Hangar Gates
* Stock NPCs
* Large Ship Railguns

I vote FOR BuildInfo, Stock NPCs, and Large Ship Railguns. I vote PRESENT on Remove Hangar Gates.

I vote FOR BuildInfo, Remove Hangar Gates, Stock NPCs, and Large Ship Railguns.

I resolve the decisions to adopt the following proposals:

Proposal Quorum FOR AGAINST PRESENT F/A AI Outcome
BuildInfo 2 2 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Remove Hangar Gates 2 1 0 1 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Stock NPCs 2 2 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Large Ship Railguns 2 2 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED

The published Charter has been updated to match, and I’ll apply changes to the official server shortly. (Edit: this is completed.)