Surface and Orbit Authority

Proposal: Nothing To Report

For a summary of this proposal, see this thread. This version is identical, and if you already read it, you don’t need to read it again, I promise.

I submit the following proposal:

Title: Nothing To Report, Sir
Adoption Index: 4.0

1. Amend rule 5.1 (“Officers & Offices”) by appending the following paragraph:

An instrument can, as part of its effect, instruct an officer to take one or more actions. The officer must perform the actions in a timely fashion, once and only once per instruction, in the order the instructions appear in the instrument. The officer should publicly announce that the instructions have been completed after taking action.

2. Amend Rule 5.2 (“The Chair”) by replacing its text with

The Chair is an office, responsible for overseeing business conducted by the members of SOA.

The Chair must publish an up-to-date lists of members, offices, officers, and public fora in a timely fashion whenever any of those lists changes. The Chair must also publish the charter in a timely fashion whenever it changes.

3. Amend rule 5.4 (“Election Procedure”) by replacing

A weekly or monthly duty for that office is more than seven days overdue;

with

Any obligation the office is responsible for is more than seven days overdue;

4. Amend rule 8.3 by replacing the second paragraph with

The Chair can distribute a proposal which is in the proposal pool at any time, by announcement. When a proposal is submitted, the Chair must distribute the proposal in a timely fashion.

and by removing the paragraph

The Chair must assign each distributed proposal a unique ID number by announcement, in a timely fashion, and should do so in the same message when distributing the proposal.

5. Amend rule 9.1 (“The Space Master”) by replacing its text with

The Space Master is an office, responsible for operating game services.

The Space Master must publish all information needed for players to connect to the official server whenever that information changes.

6. Amend rule 9.6 (“Ending a Game”) by replacing its text with

This article has a power of 3.

A member can, by announcement, initiate the decision to end the game by specifying the official server whose game they wish to end. For this decision, the voting method is Adoption Majority, and the adoption index is 1. The vote collector for this decision is the Space Master.

If the outcome is ADOPTED, then the Space Master must immediately initiate the election of a Game Author.

7. Repeal rule 5.3 (“Official Duties”).

As chair, I distribute this proposal and initiate the decision into its adoption. For this decision, the voting method is adoption majority and the quorum is 2.

I vote FOR this proposal.

I vote FOR this proposal.
Yay for making things simpler!