Surface and Orbit Authority

Proposal Distribution & Voting (March 23rd, 2019)

I distribute the following proposals, and initiate the decision to adopt each one. For each of these decisions, the voting method is Adoption Majority, and quorum is 2.

Title Author Adoption Index
The Rising Menace @derspiny 1.0
SOA Got Game @SurprisingEdge 1.0
Limited Speedy Resolution @derspiny 3.0
Blanket ballot template
I vote FOR/AGAINST the following proposals:

* The Rising Menace
* SOA Got Game
* Limited Speedy Resolution

The text of each proposal is included below.

The Rising Menace

Title: The Rising Menace
Adoption Index: 1.0

Add the following rule to the end of the article titled “Servers”:

Encounters

The following mods are official mods:

SOA Got Game

Title: SOA Got Game
Adoption Index: 2.0

Add the sections to the end of the article titled “Servers”:

The Game Author

The Game Author is an office, responsible for creating a new game for the purposes of Starting a Game.

The Game Author’s duties include:

1. Providing the Space Master with a save game file and, optionally, any server configuration parameters not defined by the Official Configuration.

2. Verifying that the Official Server is successfully running as their authoring intended, and any communication/coordination with the Space Master necessary to accomplish this.

3. Sending a public message declaring that the game has been started. The Game Author implicitly vacates the office by doing this.

Two weeks after the election, the Game Author resigns. If the duties have not all been fulfilled, a new election for Game Author is initiated.

Ending a Game

This article has a power of 2.

When any member desires to end the game, they must send a public message that clearly identifies the Official Server, and that they would like to end the game. Members then vote on ending the game. Votes “FOR” are votes for ending the game. Votes “AGAINST” are votes to continue the game. This decision has an adoption index of 1

If the vote outcome is “FOR”, then a Game Author is elected. No immediate changes are made to the Official Server, unless otherwise specified.

Title: Space Master Additional Duties

Add these weekly duties of the Space Master office:

If any member has declared that they desire to end the game, the Space Master is responsible for the Decision & Voting process.

Title: Allowable Mutations

Modify the “Continuity” section of the “Space Master” to read (without emphasis):

The Space Master must take all steps necessary to ensure that the data created by the official server is protected from accidental deletion or modification, and may only deliberately modify or delete the official server’s data if they publicly announce an intent to do so between three and 14 days earlier, unless the modification is performed through ordinary gameplay, or is allowed by another rule with an equal (or greater) power.

(Emphasis included only to identify the intended change.)

Limited Speedy Resolution

Title: Limited Speedy Resolution
Adoption Index: 3.0

Amend article 6.5 (“Casting Votes”) by prepending the following paragraph:

A person is an eligible voter for a decision if, at the initiation of that decision, they are a member in good standing.

And by replacing item 3 in the list of conditions with

The person is an eligible voter for the decision;

Amend article 6.9 (“Adoption Majority”) by appending the following paragraph:

The vote collector for an Adoption Majority decision can end the voting period for that decision early, by announcement, if every eligible voter has a valid ballot for that decision, and if there are no votes AGAINST.

Amend article 6.6 (“Resolving Decisions”) by item 1 in the list of conditions with

It is published after the voting period has ended, or after the voting period has been ended early;

I vote FOR the following proposals:

• The Rising Menace
  • SOA Got Game
  • Limited Speedy Resolution

• The Rising Menace
  • SOA Got Game

Hooray! :smile:

• The Rising Menace
  • SOA Got Game

@derspiny, Thank you for the handy template.

• The Rising Menace
  • SOA Got Game

• The Rising Menace
  • SOA Got Game

handy template is handy :wink:

I resolve the decisions to adopt the following proposals:

Proposal FOR AGAINST PRESENT F/A AI Outcome
The Rising Menace 4 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
SOA Got Game 4 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Limited Speedy Resolution 4 0 0 Unanimous 3.0 ADOPTED

The published Charter has been updated to match.

I’ve also applied the implicit configuration changes to the official server, meaning we now have More Encounters. Watch your six out there.