Surface and Orbit Authority

Proposal Distribution & Voting (April 20th, 2019)

I distribute the following proposals, and initiate the decision to adopt each one. For each of these decisions, the voting method is Adoption Majority, and quorum is 3.

Title Author Adoption Index
Space Master 2.0 2.0 @derspiny 1.0
Cleanup in Article 9 @derspiny 1.0
Speedy Autopilot @SurprisingEdge 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - No Meteors @derspiny 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - Weekly Meteors @derspiny 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - Bi-hourly Meteors @derspiny 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - Hourly Meteors @derspiny 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - This Is Fine @derspiny 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - Cataclysm @derspiny 1.0
Meteor Bakeoff - Armageddon @derspiny 1.0

Please vote FOR at most one Meteor Bakeoff proposal. If you vote for one, vote AGAINST the others. The way I’ve structured the proposals will “work” even if you vote freely, but it’s probably in our interests that at most one proposal passes. If this doesn’t resolve the question I’ll think of a way to do ranked-choice/instant runoff voting for preferred meteor styles, or we can keep discussing it, as people feel is appropriate.

Blanket ballot template
I vote FOR/AGAINST the following proposals:

* Space Master 2.0 2.0
* Cleanup in Article 9
* Speedy Autopilot

For the Meteor Bakeoff proposals, I vote FOR No Meteors/Weekly Meteors/Bi-hourly Meteors/Hourly Meteors/This Is Fine/Cataclysm/Armageddon and AGAINST the others.

The text of each proposal is included below.

Space Master 2.0 2.0

Title: Space Master 2.0 2.0
Adoption Index: 1.0

Repeal rule 9.3 (“Continuity”).

Append the following text paragraphs to the end of rule 9.2 (“The Official Server”):

The Space Master must take all steps necessary to ensure that the data created by the official server is protected from accidental deletion or modification.

The Space Master may only deliberately view, modify, or delete the official server’s data through ordinary gameplay, to implement adopted proposals, or to address non-gameplay-related technical issues. If the Space Master makes a deliberate modification to address a non-gameplay-related technical issue, they must publish a complete description of their changes, and their rationale for them within a day.

Information about the state of the game on an official server, other than information stored in the server’s configuration files or information included in the server’s log files, is game information. Game information that the Space Master learns of through the execution of their privileged access is privileged game information. Persons must not disclose privileged game information to any player except when required for the execution of said person’s duties, and then only to the most limited set of players feasible, unless required by this Charter to disclose.

Cleanup in Article 9

Title: Cleanup in Article 9

If a rule with the title “Continuity” exists in Article 9 (“Servers”), move it to immediately after article 9.5 (“Official Mods”).

Move article 9.16 (“The Game Author”) to immediately before article 9.6 (“Access”).

Move article 9.17 (“Ending a Game”) to immediately before article 9.6 (“Access”).

Speedy Autopilot

Title: Speedy Autopilot

Amend article 9 (“Servers”) section named “Speed” by adding the following to the setting:

AutoPilotLimit 800

Meteor Bakeoff - No Meteors

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - No Meteors

Amend article 9.9 (“Challenges & Limitations”) by, in order:

1. Removing any row from the settings table that references the EnvironmentHostility setting; and

2. Adding a row to the end of the table for the setting EnvironmentHostility, with the value SAFE.

Repeal any rule in article 9 titled “Meteors”.

Meteor Bakeoff - Weekly Meteors

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - Weekly Meteors

1. Removing any row from the settings table that references the EnvironmentHostility setting; and

2. Adding a row to the end of the table for the setting EnvironmentHostility, with the value NORMAL.

Add a rule to the end of article 9, titled “Meteors”, with the text:

The mod “Rare Dedicated Server Meteor Showers”, with a modID of 1561760341, is an official mod.

Meteor Bakeoff - Bi-hourly Meteors

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - Bi-hourly Meteors

2. Adding a row to the end of the table for the setting EnvironmentHostility, with the value NORMAL.

The mod ‘Even Rarer “Normal”" Meteor Showers’, with a modID of 1556930319, is an official mod.

Meteor Bakeoff - Hourly Meteors

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - Hourly Meteors

The mod ‘Rarer “Normal” Meteor Showers’, with a modID of 1555025123, is an official mod.

Meteor Bakeoff - This Is Fine

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - This Is Fine

Meteor Bakeoff - Cataclysm

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - Cataclysm

2. Adding a row to the end of the table for the setting EnvironmentHostility, with the value CATACLYSM.

Meteor Bakeoff - Armageddon

Title: Meteor Bakeoff - Armageddon

2. Adding a row to the end of the table for the setting EnvironmentHostility, with the value CATACLYSM_UNREAL.

I vote FOR the following proposals:

• Space Master 2.0 2.0
  • Cleanup in Article 9
  • Speedy Autopilot
    For the Meteor Bakeoff proposals, I vote FOR Bi-hourly Meteors, PRESENT on No Meteors, Weekly Meteors, Hourly Meteors, and AGAINST the others.
    For the Meteor Bakeoff proposals, I vote FOR No Meteors and AGAINST the others.
    (In light of my theory that the massive amount of voxel deformation from meteor impacts is causing the long load times, I’m changing my vote to No Meteors.)
    (I know no explanation is required to change my vote, but I felt like sharing.)

• Space Master 2.0 2.0
  • Cleanup in Article 9
  • Speedy Autopilot

For the Meteor Bakeoff proposals, I vote FOR Bi-hourly Meteors Edit: No Meteors (as @SurprisingEdge suggests) and AGAINST the others.

• Space Master 2.0 2.0
  • Cleanup in Article 9
  • Speedy Autopilot

• Space Master 2.0 2.0
  • Cleanup in Article 9
  • Speedy Autopilot

I resolve the decisions to adopt the following proposals:

Proposal Quorum FOR AGAINST PRESENT F/A AI Outcome
Space Master 2.0 2.0 3 4 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Cleanup in Article 9 3 4 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Speedy Autopilot 3 4 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Meteor Bakeoff - No Meteors 3 4 0 0 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED
Meteor Bakeoff - Weekly Meteors 3 0 4 0 0.0 1.0 REJECTED
Meteor Bakeoff - Bi-hourly Meteors 3 0 4 0 0.0 1.0 REJECTED
Meteor Bakeoff - Hourly Meteors 3 0 4 0 0.0 1.0 REJECTED
Meteor Bakeoff - This Is Fine 3 0 4 0 0.0 1.0 REJECTED
Meteor Bakeoff - Cataclysm 3 0 4 0 0.0 1.0 REJECTED
Meteor Bakeoff - Armageddon 3 0 4 0 0.0 1.0 REJECTED

The published Charter has been updated to match.

I’ll update the server configuration to match momentarily. Death to space rocks.