Surface and Orbit Authority

Proposal: Bring back Easy Inventory

Ok, so it’s been a week and a bit now that we’ve been playing without Easy Inventory, since Keen added the Build Planner. While the build planner does have some nice features, it also has some significant drawbacks:

• Withdrawing from connected grids sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t, with middle-click.
  • In the inventory view, withdrawing is made more difficult by the fact that the inventory view seems to randomly switch back to showing “this container only”.
  • Sometimes withdrawing will say things couldn’t be withdrawn, and an immediatly subsequent attempt will succeed.
  • BP appears to be client side, so it’s impacted the widespread client inventory sync bugs.
  • BP is ssslllloooowww compared to Easy Inventory, to find and withdraw components, and the “can’t withdraw” popup makes it even slower.

As such, I’d like to propose bringing back Easy Inventory.

I request the Chair call this to vote.

Title: The Big Easy
Adoption Index: 1.0

Add the following to the beginning of the table in article 9 (“Servers”) section “Quality of Life”:

Easy Inventory 646796262

Can do!

I distribute this proposal and initiate the decision into whether to adopt it. The voting method is adoption majoirty. Valid options are FOR or AGAINST (or PRESENT, which counts towards quorum but does not affect the result).

The eligible electors are:

Quorum on this decision is 3.

I vote FOR this proposal. (Obviously :wink: )

I vote PRESENT. I’ve had far fewer problems, and therefore have no strong opinions about this in either direction, but I would want the vote to resolve.

I vote FOR this proposal.

Edit: I withdraw my original vote and vote PRESENT for this proposal.

I’ve been a little lax on closing this out. The voting ended two days ago. Thanks for your patience and happy Canada day :canada:!

I resolve the decisions to adopt the following proposals:

Proposal Quorum FOR AGAINST PRESENT F/A AI Outcome
The Big Easy 3 1 0 2 Unanimous 1.0 ADOPTED

The published Charter has been updated to match, and Easy Inventory has been reinstalled on the official server.