Surface and Orbit Authority

Official Facilities

I’ve been tinkering with the idea of using the charter’s official server section to define “official facilities,” to create some discussion around using admin tooling in the game to give players a leg up while remaining true to the goals of fairness and accountability.

The gist I have in mind is:

• There is such a thing as an official facility,
  • The Space Master is responsible for creating and managing official facilities in-game, and is enabled to do so, and
  • Official facilities are owned by the SOA faction, of which no player may be a member.

Full disclosure: the server already contains one “official facility” - there is a refinery station positioned at GPS:SOA - Refinery Station:10922.666666666666:90922.66666666667:-75744.0:. I’d like to bless it - it exists as an experiment but I’m technically in breach of my duties as long as it exists.

The intent of this station was to make it easier for players to bootstrap themselves from zero by providing a safe place to refine ore and built components, but which is not so overwhelmingly powerful that there’s no point in building your own facilities. The early game grind is rough once you’ve done it once or twice. I’d like for it to act as a focus point for player activity, as well.

1 Like

I would vote for a proposal along these lines.